Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula project voting

2009-05-06 13:46:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Bacula project voting
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Robin O'Leary" <robin AT equiinet DOT com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 19:39:59 +0200
On Wednesday 06 May 2009 17:53:52 Robin O'Leary wrote:
> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 10:53:35PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > ...  To allow the Bacula user community to have
> > input to the development process, we accumulate Feature Requests, then
> > the community votes on which features they would like to see. ...
>
> The item credited to me:
>       Item 11: Reduction of communications bandwidth for a backup
> seems to be a suggestion for how to implement this "on hold" item:
>       Item h4: Directive/mode to backup only file changes, not entire file
>
> I think the two could be merged with no loss to either.
>
> Robin O'Leary.

All items marked with an item number that begins with h are on hold (as you
are aware), and thus they are not under consideration at the moment for
implementation and will not be in the vote.

Tonight I will see if it is possible to combine some of h4 into 11. Thanks for
mentioning it.

Note, all the items on hold will be removed (probably tonight ...).  The
survey is now ready, but I need to do a final check to ensure that the items
correspond between the survey and the projects file. There were a few
duplicates, ... that have now been corrected.

Best regards,

Kern