Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula project voting

2009-05-06 03:21:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula project voting
From: Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 09:13:54 +0200
Hello,

It would be nice if you can add some short questions
concerning voters bacula usage/background.

One thing i am interested is the operating system
distribution for bacula server installations.

But maybe this should be asked by another survey.

BR
Ulrich

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 22:53 +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As many of you know, once we release a major version, we start implementing
> features for the next version.  To allow the Bacula user community to have
> input to the development process, we accumulate Feature Requests, then the
> community votes on which features they would like to see.  Here are a few of
> the suggested rules for the upcoming voting process:
>
> 1. The list currently comprises some 40 different feature requests, so there
> is, in my opinion, no need to continue accumulating more feature requests.
>
> 2. Anyone on any of these lists can vote for the features they want, but only
> once, please.
>
> 3. The voting is normally open one week (or 5 working days).
>
> 4. The list is then re-ordered in the priority voted by the users.
>
> 5. This time, the vote will be done by using a survey engine (a bit more
> automatic).
>
> 6. You can vote for each of the 40 items and each item can be marked:
> Critical, High, Low, None.
>
> 7. The priorities thus obtained from the vote are advisory -- that is the
> developers will tend to work on the highest priority items, but there is no
> guarantee as they are volunteers.
>
> 8. We cannot guarantee that any particular item will be implemented until
> someone has submitted the code.
>
> I'll send you all a link (probably early next week) that will allow you to
> cast your votes.  In the mean time, please visit the following link to take a
> look at the proposed features:
>
> http://bacula.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bacula/trunk/bacula/projects?view=markup
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kern

Ulrich Leodolter <ulrich.leodolter AT obvsg DOT at>
Oesterreichische Bibliothekenverbund und Service GmbH
Bruennlbadgasse 17/2A, A-1090 Wien
Fax +43 1 4035158-30
Tel +43 1 4035158-21
Web http://www.obvsg.at