Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] unbelievable question - what is a volume?

2009-05-06 14:07:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] unbelievable question - what is a volume?
From: alexander AT nautae.eti DOT br
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 11:57:50 -0600
Hi everyone.

Maybe because I don't have a good English, maybe because I'm so dumb...

So... it's difficult to me to understand the concepts behind "Volume",
"Pool" and the backup itself.

I've searched Bacula's documentation, but probably it is something so
idiot that there isn't a direct explanation about that.

I just know that I have a disk, directories to make a copy of (my data
to backup), so I need a place to put my copies and after burn a DVD.

Is Volume a file that have to be formated as a... volume of data? Why
have I mount this?

What's a Volume and a Pool and this context?

Really sorry for the incredible simple question. I can handle some
backup concepts, but until now I have always used ninja shell scripts...

[]'s
Alexander
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro