Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is that ok using Bacula to write on DVDs?

2009-05-05 15:22:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is that ok using Bacula to write on DVDs?
From: alexander AT nautae.eti DOT br
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 13:15:39 -0600
> I can only subscribe to John comment & recommandation.
> You certainly would have a better experience with pool on disk even
> on removable usb disk
> There's not so expensive this days.

Ok, I gave up of doing DVD writing by Bacula.

I'll use disk volumes and burn the DVD after that.

I'm not confident about using removable usb disk because it's not a
safe made media. Of course DVD too, but I think DVDs are more reliable
than usb disk, there isn't electricity to read the data.

What do you think?

If you don't have a tape device and need something reliable, what
solution would you use?

[]'s
Alexander
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro