Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Force to Purge

2009-04-01 12:44:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Force to Purge
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Alan Messias <alancordeiro AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:40:18 -0400
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:33 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Alan Messias <alancordeiro AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>> Yeah,
>>
>> The retention already was set to 6 days, i just adjust maximum volume jobs
>> to 2, reload and updateed the pool.
>>
>> But it didnt work. When the backup starts it appends to the end of the tape
>> and dont recycle it.
>>

> Can you do a list media for that volume. My guess is the Last written
> time is less than 6 days from today.

Also remember automatic recycling will only work on volumes that are
marked "Full" or "Used" any other status and the retention period is
not active. The maximum volume jobs is supposed to mark the volume
"Used" after the specified # of jobs have been written. Only after
that does the LastWritten count.

John