Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Force to Purge

2009-04-01 11:51:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Force to Purge
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Alan Messias <alancordeiro AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:46:54 -0400
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:09 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> 2009/4/1 Alan Messias <alancordeiro AT gmail DOT com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I can't find a way to force a Job to purge a volume every times it starts.
>> Is there a way to do it?
>>

> run before job that scripts bconsole

Other methods may be more appropriate if you describe what exactly you
are trying to do.

I mean if all you want is every day wipe out the old volume before the
backup (I do not recommend this policy) you set volume use duration to
a few hours and volume retention also to a few hours such that the
total backup time + volume use duration + volume retention is less
than 24 hours.

John