Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Slow backup from VMWare

2008-05-31 06:44:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Slow backup from VMWare
From: "Regis A. Despres" <bacula-user AT junk.indolore DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:43:51 +0200
Hi,

In case we're still talkin' about ESX, there's a wonderful stuff called VCB
(vmware consolidated backup) from VMWare.
that can make live snapshot (no VM reboot)
then can make those snapshots available on the Virtual Center.
It results a kind of really useful "backup proxy" w/ less I/O and better
"calibrated" network load.
As i mostly use FreeBSD guests, i only backup full hosts. But it might be done
diferently w/vmtools (according to the docs).
Of course freely available from vmware ressources =]

Regards,

--
Regis A. Despres