Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Abnormal End of Volume

2008-05-31 06:54:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Abnormal End of Volume
From: "Regis A. Despres" <bacula-user AT junk.indolore DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:53:33 +0200
Hi,

First thank for the fast reply =)
I made all tests possible with tar & mt and it was never the the same issue but
random R/W errors
I finaly get out of this changing the SCSI Terminator.
Finaly all is up & running

--
Regis A. Despres

Arno Lehmann a écrit :

| Hi,
|
| 21.04.2008 11:34, Regis A. Despres wrote:
| > After changing the scsi card, and the bacula hosting machine, same issue ...
| > Do I have to start thinking my tape drive is dead ?
|
| Obviously, that's not impossible.
|
| But, as long as btape's test and fill commands work correctly, this is
| a bit odd.
|
| Can you retry a btape test on one of the tapes that are unusable at
| the first write?
|
| Also, a tapeinfo output after one of those failures, before you
| unmount the tape or even load another one might be interesting.
|
| Apart from that, I can only recommend to run tests with dd and tar
| also, to see if they work correctly. If they do, and btape's test and
| fill do, and Bacula still has problems, and nothing is in the system
| log and the tapealerts, I'd contact Quantum...
|
| Arno
|

| > --
| > Regis A. Despres
| >

| > Regis A. Despres a écrit :
| > |
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | I trying to figure out how and why i permanently get some 'End of Volume'
on Tapes  which are newly labeled and firstly used.
| > | I cannot run a full job without having it.
| > |
| > | i.e.:
| > | 18-Apr 17:25 bacula-sd JobId 1: End of Volume "Daily-101" at 0:1 on
device "PowerVault-122T" (/dev/nsa0). Write of 64512 bytes got 8188.
| > |
| > |
| > | btape passed successfully his 'test' and 'fill'.
| > | No SCSI communication error messages in logs.
| > | The tape device has just been cleaned.
| > |
| > |
| > | What I actualy use :
| > |
| > | - FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE
| > |
| > | - bacula-server-2.2.8_2 (from FreeBSD ports)
| > |   Compilation options :
| > |   SQLITE3=off
| > |   MYSQL=on
| > |   POSTGRESQL=off
| > |   MTX=on
| > |   NLS=on
| > |   OPENSSL=off
| > |
| > | - <QUANTUM SDLT320 5252>             at scbus1 target 8 lun 0 (sa0,pass2)
| > |   # tapeinfo -f /dev/pass2
| > |   Product Type: Tape Drive
| > |   Vendor ID: 'QUANTUM '
| > |   Product ID: 'SDLT320         '
| > |   Revision: '5252'
| > |   Attached Changer API: No
| > |   SerialNumber: 'RBE20Y0087  '
| > |   MinBlock: 4
| > |   MaxBlock: 16777212
| > |   Ready: yes
| > |   BufferedMode: yes
| > |   Medium Type: 0x86
| > |   Density Code: 0x49
| > |   BlockSize: 0
| > |   DataCompEnabled: yes
| > |   DataCompCapable: yes
| > |   DataDeCompEnabled: yes
| > |   CompType: 0x10
| > |   DeCompType: 0x10
| > |   BOP: yes
| > |   Block Position: 0
| > |   ActivePartition: 0
| > |   EarlyWarningSize: 0
| > |   NumPartitions: 0
| > |   MaxPartitions: 0
| > |
| > |
| > | - <DELL PV-122T J12r>                at scbus1 target 9 lun 0 (ch0,pass3)
| > |
| > | - SD device conf :
| > |   Name = PowerVault-122T
| > |   Description = "My SDLT in FreeBSD"
| > |   Media Type = SDLT
| > |   Archive Device = /dev/nsa0
| > |   Drive Index = 0
| > |   Autochanger = yes
| > |   AlwaysOpen = yes
| > |   RemovableMedia = yes
| > |   Minimum block size = 4
| > |   Maximum block size = 16777212
| > |   Hardware End of Medium = no
| > |   Backward Space Record  = no
| > |   Backward Space File    = no
| > |   Offline On Unmount      = yes
| > |   Fast Forward Space File = no
| > |   BSF at EOM = yes
| > |   TWO EOF    = yes
| > |   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |