Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape Drive in Windows Server 2003 accesing from Bacula

2008-05-28 03:37:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape Drive in Windows Server 2003 accesing from Bacula
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:33:11 +0200
Hi,

28.05.2008 05:32, Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
> Hi:
> I still Reading the doc and now I found this "6.5 Testing Compatibility with
> Your Tape Drive". I have Bacula installed in a Server PC with Linux but this
> PC haven't the Tape Drive. This are attached to a Server with Windows 2003
> R2. I'm asking if I can save from Bacula to this Tape Drives, maybe mounting
> it as a resource or something else. Is this a madness or it can be done?

You can do this by having an SD run on the windows machine.

Windows as an SD or DIR server is quite reliable, but not "officially"
supported due to lack of a supporting developer, though.

If possible, I'd attach the tape drive(s) you need to a linux or unix box.

Arno

> Cheers
> Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira
> Grupo Soporte al Desarrollo - Dirección Técnica IP

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
www.its-lehmann.de