Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Copy Jobs Selection testing

2008-05-22 13:15:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Copy Jobs Selection testing
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik AT iki DOT fi>, "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:16:27 +0200
On Thursday 22 May 2008 18:41:59 Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Hello Bacula developers!
>
> I just joined the bacula-devel list so I'm sorry that I can't reply to the
> original thread.. I read the discussion from here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> net/msg02404.htm
>
> My original mail to bacula-users:
> http://www.nabble.com/Replacing-Arcserve-with-Bacula%2C-disk-staging-spooli
>ng-configuration-tt17404323.html
>
> So yeah.. I'd like to test this feature too.
>
> Is there something special required? Just install the SVN version of Bacula
> and I'm ready to go.. ?

Yes, that is correct.  At the moment the trunk SVN is quite stable.

The only thing to remember is that this is development code and it can
occasionally get broken, so you must *very* carefully test.   There are a
*lot* of new features that we have not documented yet.  A partial list of
them is included at the top of the file "technotes-2.3", which is in the main
source directory.

If you want to see how it has been doing in the nightly regression tests, go
to the following link:

   http://regress.bacula.org:8081/Bacula/Dashboard/

Then click on the << symbol next to the word "Nightly ..." that will show you
the previous night's regression runs.  Both the Branch-2.2 tests and the
trunk tests show up, so you need to look for the tests on version 2.3.xx-date
where currently xx is 21 and date is 21May08 (i.e. 2.3.21-21May08).  The 2.2.
branch tests are currently listed as 2.2.10-b4-21May08.

By clicking on the << you can go back to previous nightly testing.

Best regards,

Kern