Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Copy Jobs Selection testing

2008-05-22 14:49:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Copy Jobs Selection testing
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik AT iki DOT fi>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 21:48:58 +0300
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 07:16:27PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Thursday 22 May 2008 18:41:59 Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > Hello Bacula developers!
> >
> > I just joined the bacula-devel list so I'm sorry that I can't reply to the
> > original thread.. I read the discussion from here:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> > net/msg02404.htm
> >
> > My original mail to bacula-users:
> > http://www.nabble.com/Replacing-Arcserve-with-Bacula%2C-disk-staging-spooli
> >ng-configuration-tt17404323.html
> >
> > So yeah.. I'd like to test this feature too.
> >
> > Is there something special required? Just install the SVN version of Bacula
> > and I'm ready to go.. ?
>
> Yes, that is correct.  At the moment the trunk SVN is quite stable.

OK, Nice. If I upgrade from 2.2.8 are there database (mysql) schema upgrades
needed? Or should I start with a fresh 2.3 database/tables..

> The only thing to remember is that this is development code and it can
> occasionally get broken, so you must *very* carefully test.   There are a
> *lot* of new features that we have not documented yet.  A partial list of
> them is included at the top of the file "technotes-2.3", which is in the main
> source directory.

Yep. I'll try this tomorrow or next week.

> If you want to see how it has been doing in the nightly regression tests, go
> to the following link:
>
>    http://regress.bacula.org:8081/Bacula/Dashboard/
>
> Then click on the << symbol next to the word "Nightly ..." that will show you
> the previous night's regression runs.  Both the Branch-2.2 tests and the
> trunk tests show up, so you need to look for the tests on version 2.3.xx-date
> where currently xx is 21 and date is 21May08 (i.e. 2.3.21-21May08).  The 2.2.
> branch tests are currently listed as 2.2.10-b4-21May08.
>
> By clicking on the << you can go back to previous nightly testing.

Seems to be pretty OK.. :) You've done good job!

About restores.. is it still totally experimental? Will Bacula get confused
when it finds the "same" job from two different places?

And thank you really much!

-- Pasi