Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migration from Arkeia, Other Questions

2008-05-03 14:04:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migration from Arkeia, Other Questions
From: "Thomas Krwawecz III" <tom AT bluegravity DOT com>
To: <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 14:04:34 -0400
Which I'm not doing, but this still makes no sense to me. I can't seem to
understand how things are tied together when using disk only backups. All
I'm trying to do is concurrent backups, with one pool, without having
multiple clients writing to the same file as recommended, and without a
device/drive for every single client. Spooling seems like a waste of IO.
Which leaves me with the autochanger as an only solution. Unfortuantely, I
can't find any good examples of someone getting this working on DISK. The
"vchanger"
script apparently uses slot names which don't match up to the volumes
written
to disk. And I'm certain if I had a good overview of how everything works
together
I could write a Perl script to what's needed.

Anyone know of specific threads that cover these things? I've spent 4 days
on this
and need backups ASAP. Or, if someone wants to help me I can send $$
immediately.
I'm beyond frustrated.

Thomas Krwawecz III
--
Blue Gravity Communications, Inc.
3495 Haddonfield Rd, Suite 6

Toll Free: 1-877-8 HOSTING
Tel: (856) 662-9100, Fax: (856) 662-9101
Web: http://www.bluegravity.com