BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to delete backups

2014-12-10 11:38:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to delete backups
From: Colin Shorts <c.shorts AT intrallect DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 16:30:40 +0000
On 10/12/14 15:59, Holger Parplies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Colin Shorts wrote on 2014-12-10 11:45:41 +0000 [Re: [BackupPC-users] How to
> delete backups]:
>> You might want to press <Enter> before typing
>> `/usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_nightly 0 255', otherwise it will get
>> deleted too.
> right, press <Enter> *before* the command, *not after*. ***Never*** run
> BackupPC_nightly from the command line. ***Never*** advise other to do so.
> Really quite simple.

I was just trying to point out that the commands provided would have
deleted BackupPC_nightly ;)

On 10/12/14 11:41, Stephen Mew wrote:
~snip~
 > rm -fR <backup_number> /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_nightly 0 255
~snip~

That wouldn't be good, would it?

But as you say, there is no real reason to run the command as cron
should take care of it soon enough - unless you were deleting a backup
to gain disk space urgently ;)

Cheers,
Colin

--
Colin Shorts
c.shorts AT intrallect DOT com

http://www.intrallect.com
137A George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4JY, Scotland
Intrallect is part of the Leading Software Group