BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to delete backups

2014-12-10 06:42:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to delete backups
From: Stephen Mew <stephen.mew AT nordcloud DOT com>
To: "lanceh1412-business AT yahoo.co DOT uk" <lanceh1412-business AT yahoo.co DOT uk>, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:41:50 +0000

BackupPC does not as far as I know have scripts or commands yet to actually remove backup from the pool.

To remove bckups you need to get into the script.

Solution

cd /var/lib/BackupPC/pc/<client>/
ls
rm -fR <backup_number> /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_nightly 0 255

Check space reclaimed with df.

You still need to remove a statistic line, otherwise you will see it in your web interface. To do that:

nano /var/lib/BackupPC/pc/<client>/backups
With ctrl+k you can remove the line with <backup_number>

done..