BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 504 Gateway Time-out on Backuppc web interface

2014-09-03 10:40:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 504 Gateway Time-out on Backuppc web interface
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:39:19 -0500
On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Tom Fallon <tom.r.fallon AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> Well I used pgrep backuppc and showed nothing.
>
> So it's failed to launch for whatever reason.
>
> Are there log files anywhere which could point to why? Pool size on a nas
> being used for storage has hit 90% in case that's relevant.

No, pool size hitting 95% (default) will cause new backup runs to
stop, but not the service itself.

> Possibly restarting the server may be worth a shot perhaps?

You haven't said anything about what Linux distro you use or how your
installation differs from the standard package or what changed at the
time it stopped working.   If it is CentOS or Fedora, my first guess
is always selinux for mysterious failures, especially if you have
moved something to a non-standard location or mounted a different
filesystem.