BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 504 Gateway Time-out on Backuppc web interface

2014-09-03 07:42:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 504 Gateway Time-out on Backuppc web interface
From: Tom Fallon <tom.r.fallon AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 12:40:37 +0100
Hi Kenneth

thanks for taking the time to reply.... Hard to tell if backuppc is running or not. I've tried service backuppc status but that does not appear to be a valid command.

Checking the backuppc documentation I should be able to run /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg status info but this appears to do nothing. No error response and no output. Same command on a working backuppc server shows wall of text which per the documentation "If it looks cryptic and confusing, and doesn't look like an error message, then all is ok."

If I try restarting backuppc via service backuppc reload or service backuppc restart I get the following error:

No process in pidfile '/var/run/backuppc/BackupPC.pid' found running; none killed.

If I do service backuppc start it "seems" to start - * Starting backuppc...

regards Tom