BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Debian / Ubuntu restore solution?

2013-12-20 08:41:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Debian / Ubuntu restore solution?
From: Adam Hardy <adam.hardy AT cyberspaceroad DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:39:50 +0000
Adam Goryachev on 12/12/2013 10:32 PM, wrote:
My suggestion, which is not worth much....

You should save your data in at least three places, so I assume you are trying to save it to two, but both copies are on the same drive.

I would suggest the following:
One physical HDD has all your OS + Data for normal day to day use
One physical HDD has all your backuppc data (/var/lib/backuppc on debian/ubuntu)

I am going to go with the option of using a USB HDD for the backuppc data - I haven't looked at the config choices yet either in Ubuntu or BackupPC - what would be easiest?

- configure Ubuntu to mount the one of the partitions on the USB drive at /var/lib/backuppc (it's a 2TB drive thats also going to have my OS clone from clonezilla on it)

- configure BackupPC to put backuppc data on the drive where the systems mounts it by default (haven't tried it yet but I think it's in /media somewhere)