BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] windows/scripts

2013-01-15 09:14:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] windows/scripts
From: <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:13:18 -0500
elrich wrote at about 23:52:10 -0800 on Monday, January 14, 2013:
 > Hello Michael,
 >
 > first of all thank you for answering me.
 > I'm going to use winexe to test it out since the teacher wants us to stop
 > the service.
 > Whil reading the read me file, I saw that winexe is using the samba
 > protocole.
 > Since my windows server isn't in the same network, I'll to go throw the
 > internet but I head that samba isn't secured.
 > Is using winexe still a good choice? Even if I have to go throw the internet?

You might want to look at my version "shadowmountrsync" that uses ssh
to launch vss.exe (after bootstrapping via 'at' to escalate
privileges). It also allows you to pre-dum acls using either 'getfacl'
and/or 'subinacl'.

The only challenge is that I wrote it for WinXP and haven't updated it
for Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8. It likely requires updating since the
usage of vss.exe has changed...