BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] windows/scripts

2013-01-15 10:34:43
Subject: [BackupPC-users] windows/scripts
From: elrich <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 07:33:31 -0800
"he problem (likely) is that ssh logs in as the SYSTEM (or equivalent)
user that doesn't have permission to run vss.exe. I get around that by
using a recursion script to escalate privileges via 'at'. I imagine
perhaps that winexe allows for direct launching of vss.ex. "

I created a windows user named backupPC who is in the administrator group and
the ssh logs me as backupPC.

My teach wants us to use cygwin or some equivalent software, guess I'll have to
use cygwin.

I'm kinda stuck right now.

I installed cygwin on my windows server. When using cygwin I'm atomatically
logged in as backupPC (backupPC@serverName), which means that I'll appear as
cyg_server which is a memeber of administrators.

On my backupserver I tried to open an ssh tunel by doing this :
-log in as bakuppc user
- created rsa key in ~/.ssh/
- cat ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub | ssh backupPC@windows_server_ip "cd .ssh && cat - >>
~/.ssh/authorized_keys"
- I then do a ssh manually : ssh bakcupPC@windows_server_ip
- I do this once again and I don't have to put in my password which means that
the tunnel works right?

Yet when I try to backup my windows server I always get two errors depending on
my modifications :
-> Got fatal error during xfer (Unable to read 4 bytes)
or :
-> Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)

here's my configuration :
XFerMethod : rsync
RsyncShareName : /sygdrive/c/xdx (<--just to do my tests)
RsyncClientPath : /usr/bin/rsync
RsyncClientCmd : $sshPath -q -x -l backupPC $host $rsyncPath $argList+
RsyncClientRestoreCmd : $sshPath -q -x -l backupPC $host $rsyncPath $argList+

NmbLookupCmd : $nmbLookupPath -A $host

My error change if I modify backupPC by backuppc in RsincClientCmd (backupPC
being a user on my windows server and backuppc being the one created
automatically on my backup server)

I'm sorry for my poor english

Thank you once again for helping me!