BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] windows/scripts

2013-01-15 05:05:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] windows/scripts
From: elrich <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 02:04:24 -0800
Hello Michael,

first of all thank you for answering me.
I'm going to use winexe to test it out since the teacher wants us to stop the
service.
Whil reading the read me file, I saw that winexe is using the samba protocole.
Since my windows server isn't in the same network, I'll to go throw the
internet but I head that samba isn't secured.
Is using winexe still a good choice? Even if I have to go throw the internet?

Isn't it better to use cygwin on the windows machine with openssh and run the
script directly from windows?

Thank you for your answers