BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Host override does not work - update

2011-10-16 06:49:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Host override does not work - update
From: Victor Sudakov <vas AT mpeks.tomsk DOT su>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:47:23 +0700
Bowie Bailey wrote:

> >> This is a VERY common misconfiguration.  The excludes (and includes) are
> >> of the format:
> >>
> >>     'ShareName' => [ 'Exclusion1', 'Exclusion2' ]
> >>
> >> So your config should probably look like this:
> >>
> >>     $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
> >>       'test'
> >>     ];
> >>
> >>     $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
> >>       'test' => [
> >>         '/Drivers/*',
> >>         '/oracle'
> >>       ]
> >>     };
> >>
> >> In the Web editor, the "New Key" is either the sharename or * (if it
> >> should apply to all shares).  Once you add the key, there will be a
> >> place to add file/directory names.
> > Thank you Bowie, but can I see a screenshot? I feel comfortable with
> > text configs, but the backuppc installation will be run by
> > Windows-type people. At least they will be adding hosts and selecting
> > documents to backup.
>
> Ok.  Here's a piece of a screenshot.  (sample host created for test
> purposes only)

Thank you for the screenshot. Now I grasp the idea behind the GUI.
However, now as the per-host config looks like this:

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
  'C$' => [
    '*.doc',
    '*.xls'
  ]
};
$Conf{SmbShareName} = [
  'C$'
];

The resulting command (from ps) is:

/usr/local/bin/smbclient \\\\shr2wxpdispatch\\C$ -I 10.14.135.25 -U XXXXXXXXXXX
-E -d 1 -c tarmode full -Tc - *.doc *.xls

Which causes the following error log:

Running: /usr/local/bin/smbclient \\\\shr2wxpdispatch\\C\$ -I 10.14.135.25 -U
XXXXXXXXXXX -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc - \*.doc \*.xls
full backup started for share C$
Xfer PIDs are now 1384,1383
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
Domain=[SIBPTUS] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
tarmode is now full, system, hidden, noreset, verbose
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE listing \*.doc
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE listing \*.xls
tar: dumped 0 files and directories

The config.pl is as follows:

#
$Conf{SmbClientFullCmd} = '$smbClientPath \\\\$host\\$shareName $I_option -U
$userName -E -d 1 -c tarmode\\ full -Tc$X_option - $fileList';

Maybe $SmbClientFullCmd should be modified?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov AT sibptus.tomsk DOT ru