BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Host override does not work - update

2011-10-14 09:16:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Host override does not work - update
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:17:11 -0400
On 10/14/2011 1:33 AM, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> It seems that the per-host config *does* work. After I have changed it
> (from the Web interface again) to:
>
> $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
>   'test',
>   ''
> ];
>
> the smbclient is now being run as
> /usr/local/bin/smbclient \\\\wxpsudakovva\\test  ....
>
> So it is just the problem with $fileList not being passed to
> smbclient. Can anyone help?
>
> Victor Sudakov wrote:
>> Colleagues,
>>
>> I am trying backuppc-3.2.1 on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE (from ports).
>>
>> I have edited some host parameters in the Web Configuration Editor, it
>> created the /usr/local/etc/backuppc/pc/wxpsudakovva.pl file with the
>> following contents:
>>
>> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
>>   '/Drivers/*' => [
>>     '',
>>     ''
>>   ],
>>   '/oracle' => [
>>     ''
>>   ]
>> };

This is a VERY common misconfiguration.  The excludes (and includes) are of the
format:

    'ShareName' => [ 'Exclusion1', 'Exclusion2' ]

So your config should probably look like this:

    $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
      'test'
    ];

    $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
      'test' => [
        '/Drivers/*',
        '/oracle'
      ]
    };

In the Web editor, the "New Key" is either the sharename or * (if it should
apply to all shares).  Once you add the key, there will be a place to add
file/directory names.

(Maybe the docs should say something about how this works in the gui.
Currently the docs are mainly geared toward someone hand-editing the files.)

--
Bowie