BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Host override does not work

2011-10-14 01:05:18
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Host override does not work
From: Victor Sudakov <vas AT mpeks.tomsk DOT su>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:03:39 +0700
Colleagues,

I am trying backuppc-3.2.1 on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE (from ports).

I have edited some host parameters in the Web Configuration Editor, it
created the /usr/local/etc/backuppc/pc/wxpsudakovva.pl file with the
following contents:

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
  '/Drivers/*' => [
    '',
    ''
  ],
  '/oracle' => [
    ''
  ]
};

(I don't know if the correct variant is "/path" or /path/*" so I tried
both).

However, when I hit "Start Full Backup" in the web interface, I see
that the override settings are not used. In fact, the smbclient
process looks like this (from ps output):

/usr/local/bin/smbclient \\\\wxpsudakovva\\C$ -U XXXXXXX\\backuppc%XXXXXXXXXXXX
-E -d 1 -c tarmode full -Tc -

Why is the per host setting not being applied?

The commands look like
$smbClientPath \\$host\$shareName $I_option -U $userName -E -d 1 -c tarmode\
full -Tc$X_option - $fileList
$smbClientPath \\$host\$shareName $I_option -U $userName -E -d 1 -c tarmode\
full -TcN$X_option $timeStampFile - $fileList

but the $fileList does not seem to ever be passed.

Thanks in advance for any input.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov AT sibptus.tomsk DOT ru