BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Host override does not work - update

2011-10-14 11:37:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Host override does not work - update
From: Victor Sudakov <vas AT mpeks.tomsk DOT su>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 22:35:59 +0700
Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > It seems that the per-host config *does* work. After I have changed it
> > (from the Web interface again) to:
> >
> > $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
> >   'test',
> >   ''
> > ];
> >
> > the smbclient is now being run as
> > /usr/local/bin/smbclient \\\\wxpsudakovva\\test  ....
> >
> > So it is just the problem with $fileList not being passed to
> > smbclient. Can anyone help?
> >
> > Victor Sudakov wrote:
> >> Colleagues,
> >>
> >> I am trying backuppc-3.2.1 on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE (from ports).
> >>
> >> I have edited some host parameters in the Web Configuration Editor, it
> >> created the /usr/local/etc/backuppc/pc/wxpsudakovva.pl file with the
> >> following contents:
> >>
> >> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
> >>   '/Drivers/*' => [
> >>     '',
> >>     ''
> >>   ],
> >>   '/oracle' => [
> >>     ''
> >>   ]
> >> };
>
> This is a VERY common misconfiguration.  The excludes (and includes) are of
> the format:
>
>     'ShareName' => [ 'Exclusion1', 'Exclusion2' ]
>
> So your config should probably look like this:
>
>     $Conf{SmbShareName} = [
>       'test'
>     ];
>
>     $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
>       'test' => [
>         '/Drivers/*',
>         '/oracle'
>       ]
>     };
>
> In the Web editor, the "New Key" is either the sharename or * (if it
> should apply to all shares).  Once you add the key, there will be a
> place to add file/directory names.

Thank you Bowie, but can I see a screenshot? I feel comfortable with
text configs, but the backuppc installation will be run by
Windows-type people. At least they will be adding hosts and selecting
documents to backup.

> (Maybe the docs should say something about how this works in the
> gui.  Currently the docs are mainly geared toward someone
> hand-editing the files.)

Maybe it is worth being covered in the FAQ.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov AT sibptus.tomsk DOT ru