BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Change archive directory on a per-host basis?

2011-04-04 19:25:26
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Change archive directory on a per-host basis?
From: Jake Wilson <jake.wilson AT answeron DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:22:58 -0600
On our server, the default archive directory where backups are stored is

/var/lib/backuppc/

So for a server called webserver, the backup paths look like this:

/var/lib/backuppc/pc/sonny/6

Is it possible to change this path?  We have two separate large raid drives in our backup server.  For simplicity sake, I'll call them /mount/storage1 and /mount/storage2.  We can't have one big raid drive because of our raid controller size limitations unfortunately.  So I have two big ones to dedicate to backups.

Anyways, back to the question.  I can easily remount my raid drives or symlink my raid drives to somewhere in the /var/lib/backuppc directory if I need to, but how do I change the archive path for each client and tell it specifically what path to save to?

Under the backuppc config, I see $Conf{TopDir} but that doesn't seem to indicate that is where the archives are stored necessarily.  And it doesn't seem to be adjustable on a per-host basis.

I would imagine that I'm simply just missing something here in the config.  Surely BackupPC is able to control where an archive is stored and I'm just not seeing it.

Jake Wilson