BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] mysql addon or plugin?

2011-03-26 01:40:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] mysql addon or plugin?
From: Lord Sporkton <lordsporkton AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:38:26 -0700
I have seen some examples of using a local backup script to dumpmysql
to a local dir, then backup that local dir via BPC, but i was hoping
for something a little more robust. I was looking into replacing the
tar commands that pipe back to ssh with a mysqldump command so it
pipes one big sqldump file into BPC, and ive been looking at the local
script method but neither seems very robust. I was hoping maybe there
was like a plugin or something that would create an extra backup
method or something like that. preferrably i was hoping to be able to
backup individual databases as individual files.

Is there any current methods for this ?

Thank you
Lawrence