BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] risk of data-store corruption

2010-06-20 12:58:13
Subject: [BackupPC-users] risk of data-store corruption
From: Lorenzo Franceschini <sertirion AT katamail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:56:35 +0200
Hi, I'm a newbie, but already very satisfied, BackupPC user.

I have a question: what happens if the BackupPC server is shut down
(either intentionally or, for example, by a power failure) in the middlle of
an operation (dump, link, ecc.) ? Is there a risk that the data-store
get corrupted ? Or the server has a buit-in mechanism to recover
from this kind of situations ?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Lorenzo