BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How do I install on NETGEAR ReadyNAS NV+?

2010-04-28 15:29:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How do I install on NETGEAR ReadyNAS NV+?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:26:57 -0500
On 4/28/2010 1:40 PM, Omair Khan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to install and setup BackupPC on my ReadyNAS NV+
> running RAIDiator 4.1.6 firmware. I installed the ToggleSSH,
> EnableRootSSH, and APT add-ons. When I ran apt-get install backuppc the
> installation seemed to go smoothly until the very end. I've posted the
> output here: http://pastebin.com/zkCJbjLN .
>
> I know that BackupPC can be run on a ReadyNAS device
> (http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4BBBAD37.40504 AT
> companion DOT se)
> but the thread doesn't say *how* to go about the installation. BackupPC
> is the perfect solution for my needs so I hope someone can help me out.

I don't know enough about that OS to help much, but the problem seems to
be that it failed to create the system-level backuppc user:
#
Can't exec "/usr/bin/chfn": No such file or directory at
/usr/sbin/adduser line 892.
#
chown: `backuppc:backuppc': invalid user

Is there a package you need to add to get the chfn command or anything
else it might take to make the adduser program succeed?