BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] suggestion for enhancement

2010-04-27 23:32:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] suggestion for enhancement
From: Raman Gupta <rocketraman AT fastmail DOT fm>
To: chitowner2053 AT gmail DOT com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:30:28 -0400
On 04/27/2010 07:44 PM, chitowner watertower wrote:
> Yup, that looks really handy, but it probably doesn't give an overview
> of the total job. the proportionality thing is what I;m more interested in.
> CT

Agree -- that would be great. But note its probably very difficult for
backuppc to produce this information, since backuppc would have to
know how much data there is on the client, how compressible it is if
transport compression is on, and for rsync, how different that set of
data is from what's on the server. So I wouldn't expect this feature
any time soon.

Cheers,
Raman