BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] suggestion for enhancement

2010-04-26 23:26:13
Subject: [BackupPC-users] suggestion for enhancement
From: chitowner watertower <chitowner2053 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:24:04 -0500
I would like to suggest- if any dev team members happen to see this- that it would be a nifty option if some kind of progress indicator could be added to the backupPC interface. AFAICT, when a backup is running, there are no hourly additions to the log file, or anything else to show how much has been done in relation to the total job.

I am familiar with using the 'watch' command to track synchronization of disks in a raid, so I realize that accuracy is not expected to be very high, since the rate of progress changes frequently. Still, there's a huge difference between 'about 50%' and 'about 90%'. Does this seem reasonable?

CT