BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] suggestion for enhancement

2010-04-27 09:12:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] suggestion for enhancement
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:09:36 +0200
On Tuesday 27 April 2010 05:24:04 chitowner watertower wrote:
> I would like to suggest- if any dev team members happen to see this- that
>  it would be a nifty option if some kind of progress indicator could be
>  added to the backupPC interface. AFAICT, when a backup is running, there
>  are no hourly additions to the log file, or anything else to show how much
>  has been done in relation to the total job.

I would be happy just to see the list of files copied so far when using rsync.
It would be very helpful for identifying when large files in the wrong place
are causing a backup to slow.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Those who do not understand Unix are doomed to reinvent it, poorly."
   -- Henry Spencer, Usenet signature, November 1987