BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to restore via zip archives

2010-01-27 02:10:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to restore via zip archives
From: Johan Cwiklinski <mailings AT x-tnd DOT be>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:09:15 +0100
Hello,

(Sending again to the list, I did not pay attention that one has been
sent to Craig only)

Le 26/01/2010 08:43, Craig Barratt a écrit :
> Johan writes:
>
>> The user that has reported me the error on the bugzilla did that also,
>> the error is:
>> Can't locate object method "tell" via package "IO::Handle" at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip/Member.pm line 746.
>>
> Interesting.  It appears Archive::Zip is trying to seek() the output
> file, which in the case of httpd is a pipe.  There are certain cases
> for compressed files where it expects to do that.
>
> What versions of perl, Archive::Zip, IO::Handle and IO::Seekable do
> you have?

I got (on Fedora 12):
- perl-5.10.0
- perl-Archive-Zip-1.30

I do not have IO::Handle nor IO::Seekable installed (I cannot find any
references to these ones in the documentation ; are they mandatory?).

> BackupPC_zipCreate calls the Archive::Zip function writeToFileHandle()
> with a zero second argument to tell it that the output file isn't
> seekable, so I don't know why Archive::Zip is still trying to seek
> the output file.
>
> You mentioned running BackupPC_zipCreate manually works ok.
> Can you see what happens if you pipe BackupPC_zipCreate into,
> eg, wc?
>
>     BackupPC_zipCreate -h host -s share -c 5 -n -1 files... | wc
>
> If that fails then it will be easier to debug.

Well, I feel terribly sorry... But I've made a mistake :-(

The issue appears also on command line... I had ommited the space
between '-c' and the value during my tests...

Anyways, error is exactly the same:
-bash-4.0$ /usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_zipCreate -h localhost -c 5
-n1 -s / /etc/httpd/conf.d -t > test.zip
Can't locate object method "tell" via package "IO::Handle" at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Archive/Zip/Member.pm line 746.

> Craig

Thanks,
Johan