BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to restore via zip archives

2010-01-20 16:51:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to restore via zip archives
From: Johan Cwiklinski <mailings AT x-tnd DOT be>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:49:36 +0100
Hi Craig,

Le 20/01/2010 21:25, Craig Barratt a écrit :
> Johan,
>
> Have you looked at the contents of the small zip file that
> is downloaded with zip compression turned on?
>
> Perhaps it contains an error message or html text of some kind.

Unfortunately, I have not seen anything like an error message nor html
text :-(
"file" commad says that's a zip file, "unzip" command says that's not a
valid one ("End-of-central-directory signature not found. [...]").
vim shows sort of binary data...

> Also, is there anything in the LOG file?

LOG file does not show anything else than the attempt to restore a zip file:
"2010-01-20 22:34:47 User trasher downloaded zip archive for venus,
backup 190; files were: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"

Trying to restore the above (httpd.conf from venus host) gives me the
following zip file:
http://ulysses.fr/restore.zip

Maybe that broken file could help you finding out what's wrong here...
To produce the file I've just asked to restore a zip file from the web
interface, with a compression of 5.

> Craig

Thanks,
Johan