BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to restore via zip archives

2010-01-24 19:36:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] unable to restore via zip archives
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Johan Cwiklinski <mailings AT x-tnd DOT be>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:28:30 -0800
Johan,

I looked at the small broken zip file but couldn't determine
why it wasn't written correctly.

Just to confirm - BackupPC_zipCreate does work correctly when
you run it manally with compression turned on?

Next, I would suggest looking in lib/BackupPC/CGI/Restore.pm:

        #
        # Fork the child off and manually copy the output to our stdout.
        # This is necessary to ensure the output gets to the correct place
        # under mod_perl.
        #
        $bpc->cmdSystemOrEvalLong(["$BinDir/BackupPC_zipCreate",
                 "-h", $host,
                 "-n", $num,
                 "-c", $In{compressLevel},
                 "-s", $share,
                 @pathOpts,
                 @fileList
            ],
            sub { print(@_); },
            1,                  # ignore stderr
        );

Please change the last "1" to a "0" and try again.  The zip file
will almost certainly still be broken, so just save it.  If there
are any error messages written to stderr they will now be mixed
into the zip file output.  So perhaps there is an error message
you will see if you run:

    strings restore.zip

Craig