BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Cant find how to set what is backed up!

2009-10-22 11:48:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Cant find how to set what is backed up!
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:43:53 +0200
Hi,

Bowie Bailey wrote on 2009-10-22 11:17:22 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Cant find
how to set what is backed up!]:
> Holger Parplies wrote:
> > P.S.: You don't need to worry about write permissions unless you want to
> >       modify these files through the web interface.
>
> Which is highly recommended.  BackupPC has an excellent web
> configuration interface.

yes, I was not trying to discourage its usage. My point was simply, "don't
expect that to solve your current issue". Aside from that, config.pl has
excellent comments that explain a lot of how BackupPC works (as well as,
obviously, how to use the settings). So editing the file with an editor is
in no way inferior to using the web configuration interface. It mainly depends
on what feels more intuitive to you. Some prefer the web interface, some prefer
editing the file. The two possibilities exist so that you can use both of
them. Both have their advantages and limitations.

But thank you for pointing this out. I see that my remark can be understood
that way.

Regards,
Holger