BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Cant find how to set what is backed up!

2009-10-21 02:59:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Cant find how to set what is backed up!
From: Daniel Berteaud <daniel AT firewall-services DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:52:17 +0200
Le mardi 20 octobre 2009 à 19:23 -0400, giorgio p a écrit :
> I'm trying to get backuppc configured.
> I thought I had done the required setup...
>
> In the /etc/backuppc/config.pl file I have:
> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = ['/home/storage','/home/george'];
>
> In the /etc/backuppc/hosts file I have:
> localhost   0       backuppc
>
> However when the backup runs it appears to just backup the /etc directory
> which isn't even specified.
>
> I am a bit bemused. Have I missed something fundamental?
>
> It is running on a "bubba miniserver" with Debian if that makes any
> difference.

Looks like a permission problem. backuppc user cannot access other
users' home directory. You should use sudo:

give backuppc the permission to run rsync as root without password, then
change this config:

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '/usr/bin/sudo $rsyncPath $argList';
$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = '/usr/bin/sudo $rsyncPath $argList';

Regards, Daniel

> Thanks
> George

> |This was sent by george.peverell AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.
Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
Technopôle Montesquieu
33650 MARTILLAC
Tel : 05 56 64 15 32
Fax : 05 56 64 15 32
Mail: daniel AT firewall-services DOT com
Web : http://www.firewall-services.com