BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using backuppc on a Mac

2009-10-06 12:36:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using backuppc on a Mac
From: Cesar Kawar <kawarmc AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:32:43 +0200
I use rsync 3.0.6 on my macs and it work perfectly and very stable and reliable.
I recommend using 3.0.6 because of stability. 2.9.6 had a problem on filesystems with too many hard links on it (memory allocation problem)

Check this out:
installing rsync 3.0.6 on a Mac Leopard (requires compilation with Xcode)

How to backup with Backuppc and rsync 2.9.6.