BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using backuppc on a Mac

2009-10-06 15:53:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using backuppc on a Mac
From: Omid <backuppc AT omidia DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:47:51 -0700
(apologies if this is a duplicate.  i got a bounce message...)

it's a shame that there's not an option for an email address.

as it is, the email address has to be a combination of the main host login, and the destdomain.

or am i wrong...?

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT buc DOT com> wrote:
Omid wrote:
> on the second point, yes, you can override the backup method in the
> host based config files.  i use tar, rsync, and smb, depending on the
> host.
>
> as a more general question, what can be overridden and what cannot, in
> the machine based config files?  are there any restrictions?
>
> specifically, can $Conf{EMailUserDestDomain} be overridden in the
> machine based config files?

As I understand it, the main config file is read first and then the host
based config.  That means that the host based config can override any
setting in the main config.

$Conf{EMailUserDestDomain} can be overridden.  In fact, that is one of
the options in the GUI host config editor.

--
Bowie