BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] silly question - is there a Forum for BackupPC

2009-04-10 12:38:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] silly question - is there a Forum for BackupPC
From: Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:31:54 -0500
Bharat Mistry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> YES - I'd support that!
>
> I use Gmail and have setup a filter for BackupPC as suggested by others but
> I still find list very disorganised and I still think a forum is far, far
> superrior.
>
> With forums you can have different areas for:
>
> Installation
> Howto
> General
> Bugs / Issues
> Development
> Feature Request / Wish List
> Further split up into versions
>
> Much better than the current mess.

All those separate places might make sense to someone asking a question,
but who do you expect to go there to supply the answers (most of which
are already in the backuppc docs or wiki)?  With email lists, I'll
answer things that I happen to know, but the questions have to come to
me.  If someone wants to organize things, the best approach would be to
read through the mail list archives and collate anything useful into
wiki pages.