BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [OT] Re: silly question - is there a Forum for BackupPC

2009-04-10 14:10:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [OT] Re: silly question - is there a Forum for BackupPC
From: Bharat Mistry <basmistry AT googlemail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:06:58 +0100
fact is I have full time job and one or two local comunity interests outside my "work"

As in our Local Communinty I'm really a "Consumer".
When I need help I visit the relevant Forum.... whilst I'm there and I come across a question I can help with I do.... and once my problem is solved I probably only visit if I get bored or something reminds me or.... ofcause I have a problem.

Last time I visited the Joomla forum was over SIX months ago...
I've not had to for any reason and have been busy with other things - now just been remided I probably go visit (and this time I'm not looking for an answer)!

Obvisouly, you might say I don't deserver any help from this list if I'm not "Contributing" on a hourly basis... you'd be right, ofcause.

I'm subscribe to 36 forums and there are only 24 hours in a day!

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com> wrote:
Bharat Mistry wrote:

> I know a List is not rocket science....(nor is  Forum)
> Being a relatively quick learner - I didn't reply to you directly only  - I
> also added the list this time round.
>
> Now I've got BackupPC working as I would like - I will probably check once
> in a blue moon or if 3.2 arrive before then (or I have another question /
> problem).
> However, with the list I suppose I would have setup a Rule or unsubscribe !
>
> Sorry still like Forums.... can't see the Logic :)

How often do you visit a large list of forums just in case you can help
someone by providing answers?  And if you don't, who will?