BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to simply "sync" and not do full/incremental backups?

2009-04-10 05:57:39
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to simply "sync" and not do full/incremental backups?
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:53:05 +0200
Hello everybody.

As I'm reading further the docs, some questions arise.
I want to use BackupPC to simply sync remote hosts, which store from 5GB
to 30GB of data. As I'm using xDSL WAN connections (public internet, of
course using ssh) you can understand that it's *not* feasible to do any
FULL backup. Therefore I've already taken to my place the whole data
structure by means of an external USB HDD.
Once I have those data stored by BackupPC in its first FULL backup, I
simply want to have a synchronized/mirrored copy of what on the
remothost is stored. This means that:

A) when remote files get deleted, they need to get deleted on my
BackupPC server too;
B) when remote files get added, they need to be added on my BackupPC
server too;

Same thing has to work with directories and of course if files are
simply "updated" on the remote host, they have to be copied over.

Is this kind of behaviour achievable?

Thanks again,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL