BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Cyrillic file names problem

2008-10-24 04:05:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Cyrillic file names problem
From: "Yuriy Padlyak" <yuriypadlyak AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Alexander Moisseev" <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:02:24 +0300
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Alexander Moisseev
<moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru> wrote:
>> ISO-8859-1. setting manually to UTF-8 doesn't help  :( , but If I click
>> to download file and save it to disk, locally filemane looks ok. If I
>> dwnload directory as archive - doesn't.
>
> Try to create HTML page in UTF-8 at yours Apache and see how browser will
> displays that.

It works right.

> Try to create archive with BackupPC_zipCreate and set Cyrillic encodings
> with option "-e".

It's backuppc 2.*. There is no such option in 2.*, but I tried without
-e and it works just fine, so I will probably use command line restore
before i update to 3.*

>>From 3.* release notes:
"Server file names are now in utf8 and optional conversion to/from
client name charsets can be configured. All CGI pages now use the utf8
charset."

> Try various archivers to list archives on XP box. They has different
> behavior. Details see in thread "BackupPC_zipCreate and charset for encoding
> file names".

I've tried few - doesn't help.

> Regards, Alexander

Thank you.