BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] rm command does not work in ArchivePreUserCmd

2008-10-23 09:38:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] rm command does not work in ArchivePreUserCmd
From: Peter McKenna <peter.mckenna AT bitt.co DOT nz>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:36:52 +1300
Hi,
I'm trying to run a command rm /archives/*.gz as a ArchivePreUserCmd to remove old archives on a removable disk before doing the latest archive. It doesn't work.
The archives work fine but the old pnes are not deleted. If I check UserCmdCheckStatus I get this error
Executing ArchivePreUserCmd: rm /archives/*
rm: cannot remove `/archives/*': No such file or directory
Archive failed: ArchivePreUserCmd returned error status 256

I tried another command like dd if=/dev/zero of=/archives/test count=512 and it worked fine, but cd /archives did not.
The archives folder has 777 permissions.
I can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Peter McKenna