BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rm command does not work in ArchivePreUserCmd

2008-10-23 11:06:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rm command does not work in ArchivePreUserCmd
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:03:30 +0200
On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 03:51:55AM +1300, Peter McKenna wrote:
> Tried that, but no difference.
> Executing ArchivePreUserCmd: /usr/local/bin/archivepreusercmd.sh
>
> rm: cannot remove `/archives/*': No such file or directory
> Archive failed: ArchivePreUserCmd returned error status 256

Ah, I see. Fact is that there is no file '/archives/*'. Try the
following as /usr/local/bin/archivepreusercmd.sh:

#!/bin/bash
#

for file in /archives/* ; do
  [ -f "$file" ] && rm -f "$file"
done

This ensures that there is actually something to delete.

HTH!

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de