BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.

2008-07-14 19:33:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.
From: "Bruno Faria" <brunothebigb AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:33:40 -0500
You guys have been a great help! I've never gotten such useful and fast replies before. Keep up the good work BackupPC community!

Now that you guys have mentioned about the problem maybe being with the host itself, I checked the host to see if there were problems. Sure enough, there is a problem with one of the hosts that I'm getting this problem. I ssh from the backupPC server to this host, and it took about 4min (if not more) just to ssh from the backupPC server to the host. Obviously there is something wrong with that host, since it only takes me about 3sec (maybe less) to ssh to other hosts. This host is having a VERY high CPU load, so therefore the ssh daemon could be timing out when BackupPC is attempting to perform the backups.

I'll check further into the issue and and see if once this host is back to a normal load average, if I'm able to do backups without any problem.

--Bruno