BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.

2008-07-14 15:18:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.
From: Renke Brausse <rbrausse AT gmx DOT net>
To: backuppc-users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:18:00 +0200
Hello Bruno,

> The size of backups varies. I have gotten the "aborted by signal=PIPE"
> error by 6GB backups while I have also gotten for 30-40GB backups.
>
> I have also increased the timeout period to a large number since I
> have some large backups.

I never saw your specific failure but I just switched every (linux-)host
with backup troubles to tar over ssh.

Neither elegant nor bandwith saving but working.

Give it a try :)

(disclaimer: I'm not a programmer but just an admin, the stuff has to be
working without much time or effort - so I never debugged or tested
anything to understand the specific issue)

Renke

--
rbrausse
ferdinand-kopf-str 7