BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.

2008-07-14 15:09:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.
From: "Bruno Faria" <brunothebigb AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Renke Brausse" <rbrausse AT gmx DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:09:54 -0500
Thanks for the reply Renke!

All of the hosts are linux machines that have static IP address, and they're being backed up via rsync.

The size of backups varies. I have gotten the "aborted by signal=PIPE" error by 6GB backups while I have also gotten for 30-40GB backups.

I have also increased the timeout period to a large number since I have some large backups.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Renke Brausse <rbrausse AT gmx DOT net> wrote:
Hi Bruno

> Please let me know if anyway knows of a solution to backups "aborted
> by signal=PIPE".

no solution but can you isolate the issue? eg transport method, size of
the backupped hosts, DHCP or static address, ...

(I'm not aware of your first mails so sorry if you explained all of the
stuff above)

Renke
--
rbrausse