Amanda-Users

Re: Is support for multiple, simultaneous tape drives on the roadmap?

2008-10-06 04:22:59
Subject: Re: Is support for multiple, simultaneous tape drives on the roadmap?
From: "Gerrit A. Smit -TI-" <TI AT ATComputing DOT nl>
To: "Terry Burton" <tez AT terryburton.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:07:27 +0200
Op vr 03okt08 om 17:38 schreef Terry Burton:

> And as an aside, would anybody please care to comment about their
>  experience of running a split configuration on a single backup host
>  using a single changer library. For example, does chg-zd-mtx play
>  nicely with multiple accessors, or are there other, non-obvious
>  problems that make this a bad idea.

I have more than one configuration using 1 tape-changer, but not
simultaneously. Makes thing simpler.

chg-zd-mtx does not provide locking.

I took care to share (by symlinks) some of the chg-zd-mtx config files
by the amanda-configurations. I use the cleaning function of chg-zd-mtx,
and the drive use is accumulated for all configurations.

Gerrit