Amanda-Users

Re: timeout waiting for ACK for our REP

2008-04-24 13:29:09
Subject: Re: timeout waiting for ACK for our REP
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:19:29 -0500

It seems to have resolved overnight. Strangely, I looked at my command history, and I definitely turned the firewall off two days ago, before the last set of failures. I'm just going to assume I screwed up and the firewall was still on for the last set of failures even though that doesn't seem to be the evidence. :-) I've been around long enough to know, it's usually my fault. ;-) Thanks for the help!

Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
Is this a firewall problem, perhaps?  Those packets translate to UDP
packets in bsd auth, and if there's some connection tracking going on,
it would probably reject a reply packet after 800+ seconds.

If that doesn't prove to be the case, take a look at a tcpdump of the
connection, to see whether the REP packet or its ACK is actually being
lost.

Dustin

--
Fran Fabrizio