Amanda-Users

Re: Backup over two tapes?

2007-07-29 18:27:31
Subject: Re: Backup over two tapes?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:12:52 -0400
On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 09:04:52PM +0000, Gerhard Brauer wrote:
> Hello!
> * Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> schrieb am [29.07.07 22:31]:
> >
> > Is your hardware a tape drive or a tape drive and changer
> > mechanism.  I'm getting mixed information from your
> > description.
>
> Sorry for confusing you. No , i have a simple
> HP       Model: C5683A
> Streamer, no changer.
> I mean I've read somewhere that i should use changer mechanism on my
> Streamer to get the spanning functionality. But this was surely a
> misunderstanding of mine...

No, my message was unclear.  A single drive with chg-manual should
be ok.  But, do you have chg-manual working?  Just because you
specify it as your tape changer doesn't say that.  Have you tested
it as I suggested with amtape?  Can you get it to notify you when
a tape needs changing?  Can you use the several amtape command
arguments to manipulate the tape and the manual changer?

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)